WE'VE MOVED!!!

WE'VE MOVED!!!
click

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Resolution - 9

WOW - how time FLIES..........

We have lived a lot of life since my last devotional post.  Anya turned 2;  John went away for a week with the seniors from our school, and the girls and I were without power the first day and a half he was gone.... we stayed at a friends house. Mikalah is trying to crawl... and she got her first (and second) tooth. Kyria will be 5 TOMORROW!! WOW. My baby is 5. I can hardly believe it. And all she can talk about is going to Kindergarten... she is sooo excited!

I have so much to be thankful for. God has truly blessed our family. Today, while sitting in church, I was struck by this simple truth. Today was Christian Education Sunday at our church; and many children from our school ministry sang and quoted scripture and played instruments. Our church strives to help the parents train their children to be ready for the ministry... and to use the talents God has given them to do so. Our Pastor preached a wonderful message to parents about 5 ways to save your child

The first point was, of course, that we must know how to lead our child to a saving knowledge of Christ. One of the other points was that we must lead them by example. This is what struck my heart.

Having children is the single circumstance that truly got my attention in regard to my relationship with God. Is my example what it needs to be for them? I have my struggles; but recently I have been on a quest to learn more about what God expects from me as a wife first, and then a mother - before I am anything to anyone else. God has been so good to reveal things to my HEART that had previously only been in my HEAD. 

God is good; and He has been helping me become the person He wants me to be for my children's edification. I have a long ways to go... but, then, I know I always will...

Well, I realize this does not contain any scripture.... and I do not truly believe a devotional can be devoid of God's Word, but I think most of us could think of Bible verses that teach these principles..... Thanks for letting me share my heart. 

And remember: we are all being an example to someone... all the time!!! Are we being an example of Christ-likeness?

Have a great week!!

No comments:

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Little faith in a strong plank will carry me over the stream,  
great faith in a rotten plank will land me in the stream. 
~ ~ Dr. Burton of the Mueller Orphan Home in  Bristol, England. ~ ~

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Courage is not the absence of fear, 
but rather the judgement that something else is more important.